Friday, March 12, 2010

One of my Sundays


Today it was STORMING!!!!! I left my house in Ridgewood Queens this morning to go to Church and dove right into the maelstrom. No umbrella of course because I was wearing my newly waxed Aussie Outback hat (a gift from my friend Ron of about 4 years ago!! Imagine, Just wearing it now.) but it's typical for me. I'll buy or get something and not use it for a looooong time. Fortunately for me the train is only a short walk from me so I was there before you know it. then off to Manhattan! The ride was short because I was going over my flashcards of the books of the Bible. The trains were pretty empty,(always an added plus) and I felt so cooooool in my Indiana Jones hat!! Church was great, the message was really good.

It focused primarily on How we as Christians are a work in progress, not a finished work and we must remember that other wise we fall into trouble. God is continually working on us as Christians...Philippians1:3-6 " I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this THAT HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU WILL CARRY IT ON TO COMPLETION until the day of Christ Jesus... It isn't like OK, you get the word, you get baptised, you get the holy Spirit and that's it, your done! No! The Lord will carry us through our lives as we obey his word as works in progress. We're not finished yet

Had a fantastic time in talking with all of my friends after church. My friend charles. I call him military charles cause he was in operation freedom and he's really young ribbed me and asked me "how many cows did you have to kill for that hat!!??" I immediately responded...."two heffas'!!" to which he replied "Oh it's rump leather anyway" Yuck Charles. Naahh I knew he was kidding.

So in the meantime I'd been watching these two mint lighters on ebay....I won 'em both!! That just capped it off for me. God is full of blessings although he may not be ready to bless you with what your asking him for. He may never. But appeal to His mercy.... Right now I'm very sick, and I've been asking him for healing for years. It's coming slowly..... My Aunt reminded me today that she doesn't know anyone that's had their prayers answered with so many yes's from God in succession. And she's right. I am blessed, with no reson to complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment